Saturday, June 21, 2008

I had FuFu and met a Liberian Ambassador!






We went last night to my Liberian friend Rose and James house. She made the traditional FuFu which you should have seen my 5 year old's face when he ate it! His eyes buldged out from his head and his grimace made everyone howl with laughter!






While Liberian music blared in the background and the men congregated by themselves in the garage "bar" and ate peanutes I learned about Liberian culture! They invited other family and friends over and I talked to me about what Liberia is like. We had Liberian Rice Bread, and spicy chicken with sweet potato leaves, and of course, fufu.


One of the men that was there was Amb. Kronyanh Weefur, the Liberian Ambassador to Sierra Leone. He gave me his phone number and told us to call him when we come to Liberia!
















No comments: