Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update...

Well.... more waiting.... waiting.... waiting.... waiting.... I think that is the story of this adoption! -WAIT!- And that is okay because,

"He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil." Psalm 37: 6-8

"I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God." Psalm 38:15

"I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry." Psalm 40:1

I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope." Psalm 130:5

And Proverbs 21:30 & 31 says: "There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the LORD. The horse is made ready for the day of battle but victory rests with the Lord."

Isaiah 26:3 says, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

I can gladly say that my heart is at rest! I cry out to God for these children but behind that cry I KNOW that God loves them far more than I do and he will act in their best interest and the timing of their coming home will be PERFECT. I know that because all my God's ways are perfect and in him is NO error.

So all that to say, we are still waiting! The new adoption laws are to be in place by the end of August. If the Liberian government officials begin to then work within the bounds of the law we will be glad! If they do not then we may begin making various phone calls to ask them why they aren't!

We will be doing our home study over again since it has been a year this October since our first one was approved! I never dreamed it would take this long! It feels like we are starting all over again!

When will these children get out of my dreams and into my home?? :) :)

1 comment:

A mom of many said...

Hi,
I was looking for the blog that lists all the Liberian adoption blogs.I did not find it but ran into yours and wanted to say I hope you will not have to wait much longer for your thee to come home.
We adopted children from Liberia over the past few years and know what you are going through.The wait is hard!
At this time I'm on the other end and a little exausted.Reading your blog was good because it reminded me of the zeal we had that I missplaced over the past few months.
Thank you!
Tina Frye