Sunday, October 7, 2007

We got a referral!

Last Thursday we received a very surprising phone call from our agency that a sibling group of three had come into the orphange, two sisters and their little brother. We had thought it would be several months before we got a referral so this was quite a surprise! We had planned on adopting two older girls and were open to it if they had a younger sibling. We were thinking to adopt two girls that were around 6 and 8 years old. These little girls were 4 and 4! No, not twins, but very close in age. We had put on our application two girls between the ages of 4 and 8 so technically they were in that range, right on the line! God sometimes does the unexpected doesn't he! And their little brother....yes another boy, is 2. God knows I had been secretly really hoping that our "girls" would have a little brother or sister. I'm such a blessed woman! What can I say! After praying and contemplating for five days we decided unanimously that God was calling us to these children! We called the agency Tuesday, October 2nd and told her YES!

Here is the picture of our beautiful babes...

Gidstina Gideon Serena

I feel like I do when I show off my newborn babies when I show people this picture!

3 comments:

Julie Redman said...

thank you for starting your blog....you children are beautiful! keep posting.
julie

Danielle said...

Your children are so sweet! I look forward to reading about your adoption adventures:)
Danielle

Stephanie said...

They are very beautiful! I look forward to following your journey to bring them home!