Monday, October 22, 2007

Random thoughts on our adoption...

When I look at the picture of Gidstina and Serena and Gideon I just melt. I can't believe that one day they will be home and in our arms. Their so beautiful and precious and I love them so much already. I've been thinking a lot lately about the difficulties that they will face due to being adopted. I've thought about how much their hearts will hurt over the fact that their African mom and dad gave them up. And I hate it, because I know that when my children hurt I want to make it better, and I won't be able to. I hate that the most. I'll just hold them and hurt with them and I will lead them to the throne of grace that promises us that their daddy in Heaven works all things out for good and that He loves them and their African mommy and daddy.

This adoption, it is bittersweet. The most bittersweet thing I've ever experienced. When I lost our baby boy, Adin, last January the anguish I felt was indescribable. I remember thinking that God wouldn't have allowed me to go through losing Adin if He didn't have a REALLY important reason. So I trust that God wouldn't have allowed this in Gidstina, Gideon, and Serena's lives if it weren't eternally worth it.

So often I look at the here and now but God is Alpha and Omega, First and Last and he knows the beginning from the end. So he knows that these troubles we face are light and momentary and that they are worth it for the glory that will be revealed when we get to Heaven. In that reality I walk forward in embracing Serena, Gidstina, and Gideon as my own.

On another note, God is orchestrating each part of this adoption and everything seems to be just falling into place! We have our appointment to be fingerprinted next week and two weeks after that we should have I600A approval. Beyond that we just wait for the Liberian side of things to be accomplished. I'm just praying continuously that God's timing would be done. I know that it will. I'm so excited!

2 comments:

Julian Carrillo said...

Awww... That's nice! Go To my blog witch is www.Harpsealslaughter.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

That's great news:)

Blessings
Danielle